PBS Works Overview
Named "#1 HPC Software" by HPCwire readers, Altair’s PBS Works workload management suite is used by thousands of organizations worldwide to simplify the administration and use of HPC clusters, clouds and supercomputing environments.
Companies who have invested in high-performance computing (HPC) resources -- like clusters, supercomputers and cloud environments -- need these resources operating reliably around the clock. And just as importantly, the systems need to be easy to use, manage, and scale while still being cost-effective.
Altair’s PBS Works™ addresses these challenges with the most comprehensive suite of integrated HPC workload management products available from a single vendor. PBS Works simplifies and streamlines the management of HPC resources with powerful policy-based job scheduling, user-friendly web portals for job submission and remote visualization, and deep analytics and reporting. With PBS Works, users can optimize system utilization, improve application performance and gain greater ROI on hardware and software investments.
“The PBS Works suite was the right choice for our comprehensive workload management needs. Its full, integrated set of capabilities, offered from a single vendor with excellent support, was the best solution for our users.”
Dr. Colin Bannister, HPC Service Manager, University of Nottingham
View Case Study
Engineered to make HPC easy, fast, and reliable, the PBS Works product suite includes:
See the press release
- PBS Professional®: Market-leading HPC workload manager proven for over 20 years at thousands of sites worldwide
- Compute Manager: Web-based portal for simplified job submission and management
- Display Manager: Web-based portal for remote visualization and collaboration
- PBS Analytics: Easy to use job accounting, reporting and analytics product
- SAO: Software Asset Optimization to right-size your software investments
on Altair's 2014 HPCwire Readers' Choice award for "Best HPC Software Product or Technology."